Friday, August 27, 2010

All stocked up!


One whole shelf in my pantry is full of the yummy canning goodies I made with my mom this week.
We've got fresh peaches canned with no-sugar apple juice to make a healthy snack for my daughter.
Then lots of dill pickles that will ready for tasting int 8 weeks.
And then salsa...which will be tried tonight since I'm anxious to see how spicy it is after the jalapenos burned my hands for about 4 hours.
So tonight is mexican night, fresh salsa from scratch, fajitas made with my own seasoning, no-fry refried beans that I'm cooking in my slow-cooker all day.
Its looking like a yummy night at our house!

Fajita Seasoning

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients together.
I use this mix as a rub mostly. I brush olive oil over the meat, then rub on the spice mixture and barbeque my meat while I saute the onions and peppers in a little olive oil  in pan on the stove. Then add the meat when done, add a little water to the veggies and a little extra mix and TADA! Fajitas!


No comments:

Post a Comment