Monday, August 23, 2010

The Goal!!

Yes I have a goal!
This summer a lot of things changed for me. My daughter was home for the summer, my husband was busy working swing shift and spending a month away doing his naval reserves duty. During this time however I realized that things have to change around here. My life is no longer just my own. I have a husband who counts on me...for everything from missing car keys to laundry. My daughter is only 7 and still thinks I need to wait on her manicured feet like the princess she truly is. Now really though...yes the hubby can't seem to wash a plate without my asking, and sometimes the lawn being a foot tall bothers him, but he really does love me and work a corrections job that he hates to support us. And though my daughter toes might be "shimmer pink" she does understand that mommy works hard to keep the house clean. But how hard has this mommy worked the past 8 months of this year? Not as hard as she would like people to believe.

I have a best friend from Washington. We are so much alike its pretty scary. Even our husbands seem like they were cut from the same mold. However she has jumped on to the all organic and homemade route long before me. Despite knowing its healthiest for me and my family I can't always afford the organic milk. BUT THAT'S WHEN IT HIT!  I can make my food. Really cook it. Not pull the box of pasta and sauce out of the pantry and through in cubed chicken from a can. No I can make my own sauces, my own pasta and all the yummy side dishes. So after spending two long hours on the computer..which is almost impossible considering the clinginess of my daughter, I can away with tons of recipes from my now favorite site http://www.allrecipes.com/ They had everything I needed.

So now the goal this year (school year since its easiest to start these things while the kiddo is in school full time) is to have homemade meals on the table almost every evening. Eating out only once or twice a month. But because one goal has never been enough I want to fulfill that idea in my head of the 50's housewife. Laugh if you want. I have always wanted to be the wife with the hot meal on the table, from scratch, and have a clean house ready for when my husband got home. So clean house and meals from scratch. What everyone women should be able to do, what I did the first 2 years of our marriage, and yet seems so simple but few actually do it.  So here we go. Lets see if I can pry myself off of facebook long enough to scrub the toilets and drag the ladder out of the garage so I can use it to dust the ceiling fans. <3

1 comment:

  1. I too have started getting organic ingredients! :) I stop at the organic grocery store near me to buy some stuff before the regular one (its too expensive to do all the shopping there!) but I would love to have even more all natural stuff like your homemade canned foods. I need a teacher for this stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete