Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cooking with Playdough!!!

Oh how I remember being glued to the kitchen table as a kid playing with playdough my mom would make. I loved playdough as a kid, my kid of course loves it, the only thing that doesn't like playdough is my floor lol! But today, with a 3 day weekend for Isabelle, and a cancelled Directv service, and nothing but rain...I decided to revisit playdough and gak. Gak being that gross slimy, but delightfully pleasing goo. I'm starting with playdough today, and tomorrow will be gak.

 But for all the mom's out there this is a go to on those rainy "I'm bored" days. I've got the standard playdough recipe, but with the suggestion of my bestie, Jaime, I add a little vanilla extract or peppermint extract so it smells yummy (caution with little kids you'll have to watch them closer than normal since its smells like a cookie LOL). So Izzy and I spent hours making playdough (took about 5 minutes for 2 batches) and then playing bakery. I let her put the playdough cookies on a tub lid, as the baking sheet, and "bake" then in the oven (which is off). Makes her love this even more.


Playdough Recipe

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 T. vegetable oil
2 t. cream of tarter
food coloring
1-2 t.scented extract (optional)

Mix together in medium saucepan. Heat and stir until it makes a ball shape.
Take out and let cool enough to handle, and then knead a little bit till smooth.
Ready to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment